Our Investment Funds Practice Group offers integrated legal and regulatory services to international clients.
We advise in all asset classes and mainly institutional investors but also HNWIs, private equity houses, asset managers, family offices, real estate developers as well as service providers acting in the field of investment funds (depositaries, management companies, central administrators etc.).
Luxembourg as the 2nd largest investment funds center worldwide, 1st European wise, and having a strong focus on the D-A-CH region, our Investment Funds Practice Group is paired with our German Desk accordingly and together with the Regulatory, Banking and Corporate Finance teams, we provide state of the art and fully-rounded and pragmatic assistance, including:
– Taylor made advice and structuring from a legal and regulatory point of view for the best-suited set-up (including inter alia type of vehicle, marketing, fee model, management, distribution, parallel structures, LP/GP models, carry mechanism, etc.) for the concrete investor type and asset class in question
– Recommendations for and connection of best placed foreign law firms and service providers for the vehicle in question due to our firm’s independent structure and important international network including project coordination
– Set up of any type of fund structure, retail or alternative, regulated or unregulated, any kind of strategy, including the drafting and negotiating of relevant documents (inter alia prospectus, articles of association, management regulations, subscription documents, investment advisor/manager agreements) as well as regulatory approval process with the Luxembourg supervisory authority for the financial sector (Commission de surveillance du secteur financier, the “CSSF”), if needed
– Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as with new local guidelines and/or European reforms for Luxembourg funds and market players from a governance point of view and related approval processes, if any, as well as full life-cyle support and restructuring assistance
– Assistance to investors in their analysis of potential investments into either Luxembourg fund structures or service providers (due diligence process until closing), including fund finance / private debt matters.